Just went to the Electronic & Lifestyle fair at Singapore Expo yesterday and I am quite impressed with the crowd and products that they were selling.
What are they selling?
- Computer products: Laptops, Printers, etc
- TVs & Home Entertainment Systems
- Home Appliances: Refrigerator, Washing Machine & Dryer, Hob & Hood, etc
- Air Conditioners
- Miscellaneous: Credit Card, Insurance, daily accessories (Watson), Cars (Yes! they sell cars too!)
Is the price really cheap?
- From the looks of it, the products all look really cheap.
- To prove that it is really cheaper, I randomly compare the prices of a few products (on the same day) with another big electronic seller.
- Since this is a website about home, I will compare the prices of home appliances only.
Price Comparison 1
- Fishers & Paykel
- Wash Smart Top Load Washer
- Retail price: SGD 848
- Fair price: SGD 699
- Courts price: SGD 848
- You save SGD 149 by going to the fair!
Price Comparison 2
- Mechanical Front Load Dryer
- EDV – 600
- Retail Price: SGD 699
- Fair Price: SGD 398
- Courts Price: SGD 399
- You save SGD 1 by going to the fair!
Price Comparison 3
- Tumble Dryer
- EDV 605
- Retail Price: SGD 749
- Fair Price: SGD 458
- Courts Price: SGD 569
- You save SGD 111 by going to the fair!
- Its a good fair to go for home appliances because they sell many products from many premium brands.
- Unlike other electronic fairs that focus mainly on home entertainment and computers, this fair sells a lot of home appliances.
- However, if you are only looking for home entertainment (TVs, DVD players, sound systems, etc) and computers only, there are many fairs around the whole year to go to. Each fair features the latest and cheapest prices for these products. Buy only when you need it immediately. Example if your renovation only completes in 3 months time, then its advisable to wait for the next electronics fair. Check out my calendar for the next fair.
- The product prices are really at their lowest. Saving SGD 100 per item also means thousands of saving if you buy more.
- There are also special prices in the mids of the fair. Example: 32″ LED TV for SGD 299 with 3 years warranty and a free DVD player!
- If you can, avoid Sunday. It is just too crowded for me.
- This fair is also held together with other related fair like the Baby Expo and Home Ideas. So you can go to 3 fairs all at once!
- I am already looking forward to the next Electronic & Lifestyle fair!